- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2T brown sugar
- 2 T coconut milk
- 1 T spiced rum (or real vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T chai masala spice mix (or mix of cinnamon, ground ginger, all spice, nutmeg, clove, cardamom)
- 2 C flour plus 1/4 cup flour set aside
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 4 dates seeded and chopped
- 2 prunes seeded and chopped
- 1/4 dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pat of butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use butter to grease a standard bread pan. Dust with flour.
Using an electric beater, blend all wet ingredients.
Blend in the dry ingredients reserving the 1/4 cup of flour, fruits and nuts. Add the remaining flour if the batter seems thin.
Fold fruit and nuts into the batter.
Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Then turn the oven down to 300 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes more or until the knife test comes out clean.
Cool and enjoy. This is great with butter.